Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Incorporating other classes


For final papers I seem to be using information from all my classes, except two...my political science classes. Well, for my Contemporary Literature class I am writing my final paper and it is a creative peice. I've decided to write a play including about 6 characters from previous book and poems we've read in class. I got the idea for the play from a reading in British Literature 1, The Beggar's Opera. I liked the satire of the play and decided it was vital in order for my play to be humorous. I also like the ending and how the audience was incorporated into the ending of the play. This gave me the idea of instead of having an ending for my play that, if ever presented, the audience would decide the fate of my ending. So, what will the play be about? A fraternity, of course. Fraternities allow for the perfect amount of sarcasm plus it will provide drama and a police report. How is this incorporated in Oral Traditions. Well, Ong says that the literature culture reached its peak at the detective story. My play will be similar to the game of clue, only at a fraternity party. Someone in the fraternity party will be killed, which isn't out of the ordinary, and the play will revolve around solving the case. If the peak of literature is the detective story, then I'm bound to get a good grade. The ending will be the trial of the killer and the audience will decide wether to hang the murderer or slap his wrist. The moral of Beggar's Opera is similar to my ending. In The Beggar's Opera the main character is constantly refering to social classes and how the rich and the poor are all morally the same, but the poor just get caught. The audiences choice will decide if that statement is still the same. My play seems to be organized, now all I have to do is write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment