Thursday, April 16, 2009

Group Presentations

The presentations on Wednesday were great. Of course my group started out and I can't help to admit that I was nervous. Having a group of 9 was a little nerve recking because we couldn't all meet at once, that is why we split into 3 groups of 3. I felt like our presentations were pretty self explanatory, but that could also be because I was involve in the producing and directing of the project. The idea of boundaries was fun to mess around with and right of the bat we decided that a play would be creative, fun, and easy. When we first met as a group Kevin decided that boundaries are most often found in children's books, such as the wardrobe, the rabbit's hole, and the elevator. There were plenty of others we considered however, like Peter Pan and the stars, and the black gates in Mordor, or the sword and the rock in King Arthur. The 3 boundaries were most important along with what happened to the characters on the other side of the boundary in order to change. Most of the details we left to the groups, such as what would cause their transformation and where they would go (I have to admit I loved the idea of Uranus and Neil Armstrong, I mean he has been there for over 50 years exploring the Universe on orders from the government and he has been eating stars).

No comments:

Post a Comment